Friday, May 6, 2011

Ryan is 1!

I can't believe that Ryan is 1!  Everyone said that it would go by fast...and it really has.  It feels like just yesterday we brought him home.  It has been such a fun and busy year.  I've taken him on 18 flights, had one trip to the ER, and gone through thousands of diapers (seriously).  I am so grateful for the blessings that he brings to our lives.  It's been really neat to see Roo as a Dad.  He's AMAZING--which just makes me love him even more.  Some of my favorite/not so favorite things from this year are:

Favorite:
  • How he wakes up happy.  It's so fun to go in his room and see him smiling at me
  • How Roo can make him laugh...he can make him laugh so much more easily than I can
  • Seeing our family with him.  It's neat to see our parents love on him
  • Using him as an excuse to leave somewhere early (you parents know what I'm talking about)
  • Seeing his personality develop.  He's one cool dude.
  • I love that he's recognizes us
  • Having something to blog about.  Even though I LOVE writing about myself...I'm not so sure that everyone else appreciates reading about me
Not so favorite:
  • Still waking up in the middle of the night.  Right now it's at 1:30 and 4:30.  NOT COOL.
  • Always running late.  You'd think I'd know by now to add at least 30 minutes onto my prep time
  • Trying to clean his nose...you'd think that there's an easier way
  • NEVER having a clean house.  I've never been known for being fanatically clean, but I do like a living room not covered in toys.  Some day!
  • Not being able to do what I want...when I want.  No more late light runs to Sonic.  Or crazy date nights with Roo (and by crazy I mean dinner, a movie, and dessert).  Now our date nights include Wal-Mart.  
**Mom--I'll put pictures on another post...don't worry!**

No comments:

Post a Comment