Monday, May 23, 2011

Pity party--Party of 1

I feel like I've been in a bit of a funk lately.  For the first couple of days I blamed it on quitting caffeine...but now that I've picked my habit back up I'm not sure what my excuse is.  Whenever I start to feel like this I re-read my Patriarchal blessing...at least 9 times I'm told to be grateful and appreciative.  Obviously this is something that I need help with!!

So this week I'm going to dedicate my blog to my blessings!!  I'll start off this week with my body (feel free to hit the X in the right corner if you want!).  For all of the gripes that I have about my body, I am so thankful to be healthy.  As someone who has has health issues, I know what it's like to want nothing more than to just be healthy...and not feel sick 24 hours a day.

When we were in England I started working out with a personal trainer.  My first meeting with her I was in the back getting tape measured when another trainer came in.  There I was getting taped in my sports bra and shorts...the other trainer looked me over and he said, "You have nice shoulders."  I'm sure anyone else would have taken that as a compliment, but to me I thought, "Really...that's all you can say?  I have nice shoulders?"  It's kind-of like telling someone they have a nice personality.  I guess it's kind-of strange that I would have liked an inappropriate comment better.

I have so say that I've become proud of my shoulders!!  Just the fact that I can carry Ryan (who is HEAVY), my purse (which is full of crap--a total mom purse), bags of groceries, and generally a Diet Coke...all without spilling I think is quite an accomplishment.  I realize that I need to give myself some slack.  I am going to put this cross-stitch that my Mom made me somewhere that I can see it everyday.  I need to remember that I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves me...and I need to treat myself accordingly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment