Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

One awesome thing about having a blog is that when you put a card in the mail a little too late (sorry Mom and Aki)...all you need to do is put a picture on the blog of their favorite Grandson...and all is forgiven.


I just wanted to take a quick minute and wish both of our Moms a very Happy Mothers Day!!  Even though it's no secret that my Mom and I didn't always get along...in fact we had the type of relationship where when I wrote some bad checks (WAAAAY back in the day) and my supervisor said that my only options were to #1: call my Mom and ask for money or #2 go to jail...I BEGGED for the jail option.  On a side note: DO NOT write bad checks on base.  You will lose your check writing privileges forever.  Anyways, I am so grateful that she is my Mom.  Since becoming a mother myself I've realized that it's not that easy, and as cool as you want to be...sometimes you're just not.  Sometimes you just do the best that you can, and hope that your kid turns out o.k.  

I also want to say how grateful I am to have Aki as a Mother-in-law.  You did such a wonderful job at raising Roo.  He is such an amazing husband and father...and I'm sure a lot of that can be attributed to you.  They say you should look at how a guy treats his mom to see how he's going to treat you, and from early on I could see how much he loved you.  We are both so thankful for everything that you do for us.

Growing up I was taught that we choose our families, and most of the time I thought if that were true I would have chosen to be in one that didn't have genetic predisposition to grey hair or acne.  But I am so thankful to have the Mom and I have, because without her I wouldn't be where I am today (obviously I'd still be in jail).  I love you so much!!  



1 comment:

  1. I had a really great Mother's Day just because it was the first mother's day with my favorite grandson. What did it matter that my favorite daughter and my favorite son did not mail the cards on time?

    I'm such a forgiving mom, but I still want them to feel guilty. Mo mistake.

    I offered to buy a BYU t-shirt for Angela when we visited BYU and reminded her that it was 15 years ago I graduated but she declined. Same thing for Ryan. But I can see she even paid for a Ute's shirt. Figures. She was always her Daddy's girl. If am I not a such great mother, I might even complain.

    Happy Mother's Day to my favorite grandson's mother. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete