Thursday, June 30, 2011

I AM maternal

Today I left to go to Abq to get ready to fly to Vegas tomorrow.  It really hit me yesterday that I was leaving Ryan, and I'm pleased to say that it made me tear up.  I was feeling like a bad Mom because I thought that I was a little too excited to be going on vacation without Ryan, and now I'm just feeling like a bad Mom for leaving Ryan.  I talked to my Mom today and she said that he probably doesn't comprehend that "his Mom" isn't there...he'll just notice that something is different.  And in a weird way it made me feel better--it's good to know that he's not going to be crying himself to sleep every night because I'm not there.  

I am so thankful to have great in-laws that I know are taking great care of him.  They have a pretty good track record with raising boys--they are 4-0 (actually more like 3.5-.5 taking into account the time that Dave pushed Roo out of a tree).

No comments:

Post a Comment