Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Momma's boy

And no, I'm not talking about Roo.  I've noticed since we've been home that Ryan will cry when I leave the room and he's by himself.  This is a first because I wasn't able to leave the room when I was at my parents -- their downstairs has an open floor plan, and I had to be in the same room with him upstairs so that he wouldn't go head first down the stairs.  In Albuquerque there is only one room, so by default we were always with him.

I'm not sure if it's because he's a lone, or if it's because he misses me.  Call me crazy, but I kind-of like to think it's the latter.  I don't want to have a kid that cries anytime I leave, or won't go to strangers...but it is kind-of nice to think that I'm that important to him.  It's not that I don't think that I'm important to the other people in my life, but let's face it.  I can't say that my husband would fall apart with out me...so far he's survived these past couple of months, my cat could care less about me (maybe he's still hurt that we gave him away), my brother only reads this blog when his wife makes him, and I am just the vessel that gave my parents their grandchild.

So while it won't be as cute in 10 years if Ryan still cries every time that I'm out of his line of vision...I think that I'll just enjoy it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment