Sunday, March 6, 2011

10 month party

Today we had a party for Ryan's 10 month birthday.  My mom originally thought that we should do something for when he turns 1 in May.  I looked into tickets for them to come out to NM and the cheapest tickets that I found were about $650 for both of them.  Personally, I thought that would be WAY too much to spend for a weekend on a party that Ryan is not going to remember.  We decided that since I'm here we'd just do something for his 10 month.

I have to say after today...I'm SO glad that we did it this way because he had no emotions what soever.  I would have felt really bad for them to fly all the way out there for not even a smile!!  On his behalf, we did wake him up from a nap and then thrust him in a room full of people...he probably didn't know what was going on.

My parents provided the people (since I don't know anyone here).  They had to be really sneaky about it and invited people over for "lunch" after church.  No-one knew that it was actually to celebrate Ryan's 10 month b-day.  Do people really have something better to do an fast Sunday than go celebrate someone turning 10 Months old?  We thought they might...so trickery was key.

Ryan's awesome cake.  In case you're wondering...I didn't make it.  Costco did.



Wouldn't be a real party without party hats!


I stripped him down thinking that he was going to get cake everywhere.  That was actually what I was most looking forward to today...a cute photo op of him making a mess.


Instead I got the one time ever in his life that he wanted to eat with a spoon in stead of his fingers.


Here are some videos that I mainly posted for posterity.  Plus it took me forever to upload them, so there was no way that I wasn't going to post them. You won't offend me if you don't watch them...like I said...pretty anti-climatic






1 comment:

  1. It's hard to believe he's already 10 months old!! I think that photo of him eating the cake is adorable--the closed eyes--such a big boy eating with that spoon! It's like he's thinking, "Oh Mother, only children eat with their hands. How juvenile." He's such a little man, and I think you definitely made the right call celebrating early! What a fun time with family. Take care!

    ReplyDelete