Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Goals

I know that I've already posted some goals on here, and asides from completing the 5K...I think that I failed at the rest of them.  But...now I'm 30.  And more responsible.  And have more will power.  And I love myself more.  Not really...but we'll see.  Here are my goals for my 30th year.
  • Try a new recipe once a week.  I have the best husband ever...but I'm sure he tires of me rotating between chicken with rice and spaghetti for dinner every night.
  • Use moisturizer daily.  I can't tell you how horrified the lady was at the makeup counter when I told her that I NEVER moisturize or use sunscreen.  I probably should have started 15 years ago, but I figure better late than never.
  • Not leave my house looking like a hot mess, i.e.  only wear my gym clothes AT the gym.
  • Put at least foundation and mascara on every day.  I know this kind-of sounds crazy because a lot of the times the only time I get out of the house is to go to the gym...and no one is really looking at me there, but I feel better when I at least look at little put together.  Then I won't be embarrassed to run into people who know Roo.
  • Be a better wife.  Of course I'm saying this now since we're apart and I miss him...so I'd love to have him watch the Discovery Channel and touch me with his cold feet and steal the covers.  I just hope that I will remember this by night 2 when it's getting old.
  • Be a better Mom.  I want to be that Mom that Ryan will be proud of (like all of the great examples that I have around me)...so I'm going to try to play more and stress less.
  • Just have an AMAZING time being me!!  I am really happy where I am in my life, and while when I was 20 and thinking about what I would be doing when I was 30 (and this isn't even remotely close) I am so grateful for the experiences that I've had up to this point.  I wouldn't change it for anything most things.

No comments:

Post a Comment