Monday, April 11, 2011

Our day

Ryan hasn't been feeling too well the past couple of days.  He's had a fever, been vomiting, and has diarhea.  I took him into the hospital on Saturday night because he had a fever of 103.  They gave him some Motrin and suggested that I just give him Pedialite for the next 24 hours.  The only nice thing about him being sick is that he just wants to cuddle...I'm sure that I'm going to miss that when he starts feeling better.  I've learned a few things from this weekend:

  • He needs more outfits.  Between the ones that he threw-up on or pooped on, I ran out
  • I'm not going to make his crib again until he gets better.  I feel kind-of bad that he's sleeping on a bare mattress, but I'm way too lazy to keep making it, only to have to change the sheets again.  Plus changing a crib sheet by yourself isn't very easy.  
  • If I'm having a dream in which Ryan is throwing up...it's probably not a dream.  He's really throwing up and I'm hearing it on the baby monitor.  I felt REALLY bad in the morning!!
  • I'm slightly more grossed out by vomit than by poop...I always thought it'd be the other way around


Today the weather was beautiful out, i.e. there weren't hurricane force winds, so thought that I'd take advantage and get us some fresh air.

Ryan has a new best friend...my toothbrush


This picture pretty much sums up our weekend.  He wasn't that way for the whole walk...he was trying to take off his hat.  So being the good Mom that I am, instead of trying to comfort him I take a picture.  


Thankfully he got distracted and gave up.


 In the end I think that he enjoyed getting out of the house.  I know that I sure did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment