Friday, April 22, 2011

A great day

Yesterday Ryan and I made it safely to Abq.  This morning we woke up early to go on the Spouse's flight.  I don't think that Ryan was too thrilled about being woken up at 6...but he was such a good sport.  After a much needed nap, we dropped him off with a family that answered an ad I put on a yard sales website about wanting to swap kids.  We met them a couple of weeks ago when I was in town, and we've hung out with them a couple of other times to get to know their girls (age 3 and 2).  They watched Ryan tonight, and we're watching their girls tomorrow.   We spent our date night walking around Sams Club (surprise, surprise) and meeting some friends for dinner.


Future pilot


You know how we LOVE putting Ryan in hats.  You have to admit...he is pretty cute!


Us waiting for the PJ's to repel from a HH-60


After they repelled



Us in the Pavehawk


Walking out to the Osprey



The view out of the back.  We took off and landed in hover mode...which was pretty neat.  I didn't know that we landed!


Flying over Albuquerque



Such beautiful scenery!


Of course as my picture was being taken the gunner stepped in front.  If you look close enough you can see my thumbs.


I took this picture when I was sitting by the cock-pit.  It's TONS smaller that the KC-135.



I edited some video that I took when I was about 2 feet from the ramp and got this picture...hence why my face looks so weird!


They gave us certificate showing that we had a CV-22 ride.  No, my thumb isn't broken...it's just double jointed.



Us at dinner enjoying some New Mexican food.  They even had a mariachi band!


Ryan showing us how flexible he is...



such talent.  Maybe he's a future gymnast.

No comments:

Post a Comment