Sunday, July 24, 2011

I really wish Supernanny was in my ward

I have to admit that church with Ryan isn't that much fun.  Today I was even prepared with snacks, milk, and a book (and my IPod which I had to turn on about 40 minutes into the service).  Now that he is walking he wants to walk everywhere, and I'm still not quite sure what is appropriate kid etiquette in church.  Should I allow him to walk around as long as he's not trying to go on the podium (which of course he did), or is that just teaching him bad habits?  And before I get on my tangent...I just want to give a shout out to the wonderful parents who have more then 1 kid...you guys are AMAZING!!   

When I took him out in the foyer of course he wanted to walk around (and mainly play in the water fountain), but again I don't want him to think that we can act up and then go out in the foyer to play around.  Or maybe he's too young and doesn't know what is going on...and I'm totally over thinking it.

Regardless...I was really tempted to leave after sacrament because I didn't want to be a distraction to everyone else in class (and maybe I was ready for a nap) but I figured that if everyone else can do it, so can I.  I am so thankful that I did.  We had some wonderful lessons, and I know that even if I spent most of my time walking in and out of class that I am getting blessings by being there.  And who can ever have enough blessings?  Not this lady.  

1 comment:

  1. I know it's hard when you don't have your hubs around to pass the baby back and forth too. And I'm proud of you for staying. I think that's when we receive some of greatest blessings; when we do things that are really, really hard for us; like keeping up with toddlers at church. I'm dreading having David being gone for the next six months and having to wrangle the three kids in sacrament by myself. We've never taken our kids out of sacrament unless they are really out of control screaming. Sometimes David will take the baby and stand up with her on the side of the chapel or in the back, but never out unless she is really freaking out. Then we take them to an empty classroom (not the foyer) and make them sit in our laps until they get the idea that we win, not them, then we always go back into sacrament. If you do that enough, they will get it. He'll be in nursery before you know it, Andrew will be home before you know it and it will make that sacrament meeting easier. Because we were like that will all our kids as babies, our big kids don't give us a lot of grief during sacrament now. They aren't allowed to color or look at books until after the first speaker after the sacrament has been passed. I'd like to let them start coloring as soon as sacrament is over, but David wants them to make it through at least the youth speaker. I may change that rule while he's gone. They need to go to the bathroom every now and then, but it's straight there and straight back. I have friends that refuse to go to a church that doesn't have a nursery for the church service, but we have to teach our kids how to be reverent and expose them to opportunities to know what the spirit feels like, even as babies, so I'm glad we keep our kids with us, even though it does drive to the edge of sanity some days! You're a great mom. You're doing a great job with Ryan solo right now. Just say your prayers and keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete