Monday, August 22, 2011

Thanks a lot Oprah!

“One of the 20 Hamburgers
You Must Eat Before You Die”
~ Oprah Show & GQ Magazine

With reviews like that...we totally thought that we should check out Redmill Burgers.  Actually I had seen it on Man V Food (and it is now a personal goal to eat at every place that he visits).   So my Dad wrote down directions (because he's old school and doesn't need a GPS) and off we went.  It took us a little while to find it (next time I'm sneaking the GPS into my purse)...but we did get to see some beautiful scenery on the way.  Thankfully we got there at a good time when it wasn't too busy.  We both got burgers, my Dad got onion rings (which were voted best in WA...they were pretty good) and he also got a shake.

I wasn't that impressed by the burger.  Considering all of the publicity I thought that it would be much tastier.  To Oprah's defense though, it did say that the double bacon cheese burger was the one to die for...and I just had a plain burger.  Maybe if I ever go back I'll splurge on a weeks calories and try the other one.  Overall it was a fun daddy/daughter date followed by the Seahawk game.

Before chowing down (I don't know why I look so tired...I slept more in that day and a half that I had the previous week.  Gotta love being at Grandma and Grandpas!)


At least I can say that I've eaten somewhere show cased on the Travel Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment