Friday, November 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

My Dad's birthday isn't until Monday, but I figure that I better do a post now before we travel and try to adjust to East coast time...who knows when I'll blog next.

I have to say that going through my Dad's pictures it was hard for me to pick out the ones that I liked the best (the one on the upper left has always been my favorite picture of him). There were a lot of when he was younger (in his 20's) of him sunbathing and he looked really handsome, but I thought that might be kind-of weird to post them saying how good looking he is (if you'd like to see them just e-mail me).

My Dad and I have always had a great relationship (except that time that we drove cross country in a snow storm and didn't speak for 3 states). He's always made it a point to spend time with me, and we did some really fun things together. I was his buddy to go to Jazz games and University of Utah football games, and I'm sure that we always ate some good dessert afterwards. I am grateful of how much he sacrificed for our family to provide for us. At one point we all lived in a trailer, plus my Moms parents (that's probably not what he bargained for when he got married). I am also so grateful that he was able to give me blessings every year before school started, or each time that I moved. It's nice to know that anytime I need a Father's blessing his able to do that for me.

I love you Dad!


His younger years. So cute!!



At my basic training graduation



Family picture. I mainly wanted to post this to show that we posed with our cat. That's normal right?



Being a great Dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment