Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fun Saturday

We had a really good time yesterday...any time that you can go to a Halloween festival and then eat at IHOP and get endless pancakes is a good day in my book.

The past couple times that I have eaten out with Ryan I can say that it gets less fun and more stressful. I normally LOVE eating out, but now it's just a lot of work. It's ideal if he's asleep, but once the car stops moving and we're in the restaurant he wakes up. He's now able to start grabbing things, which is a whole new experience. The other night when we were at dinner I had him on my lap (because he was crying in his car seat) and he managed to dump a plate of Kimchi in my lap. Even at IHOP yesterday with 3 adults it was interesting. Ah...the joys of parenting.

He looks so big in a high chair. We had to stuff blankets around him, but he did pretty well.


This is a new hat/mitten set that we bought. I think that it's so cute.

His first Halloween costume. I originally thought it would be cute to dress him up as a girl, but I realized that if he grew up and was a little too "artsy" or listened to Clay Aiken, that Andrew would trace it all back to the one time that I put him in a dress.



The local Fire Department had a Halloween party where they had face painting and pony rides, and other things like that. Ryan was too small for most of the things, but we had a fun time showing him off.
They had a professional taking pictures, but we couldn't get Ryan to smile; My Dad and Ryan by the Commander's fire car (my Dad wanted to save putting Ryan in a fire truck for Andrew-he didn't want to take away that first experience); Ryan posing by corn--our tribute to Iowa where I was born



Some more pictures from yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment