Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 3

Day 3 started with a body scrub at a Korean spa thanks to Groupon.  I neglected to tell Roo it was at a Korean spa because he probably wouldn't have gone.  Koreans are no joke when it comes to scrubbing away layers of dead skin...it definitely isn't a relaxing process.  The Groupon also included a mani-pedi...which sadly Roo didn't allow me to take any pictures of.  After the spa we went to Koreatown to eat lunch, walked to Central Park, saw a show, and crashed the sports show (the videos that I posted earlier).

The street our apartment was on.  Roo kept saying that it looked like the street from the Cosby Show.

So pretty during the day

Me looking Asian in Koreatown.  This was the only time Roo has given me permission to use the peace sign. 

We discovered where the Book of Mormon was showing.  Surprisingly they did have tickets available...but they started out at $280 per person.  I definitely would have paid that much but we already had tickets to another show.  And I don't have a job.

Central Park.  Only like 5 feet into it...it was a long walk to get there.

We bought another Groupon for a Cirque Du Soleil show.  It was pretty good...though I have no idea what the plot was.




After the show

Those poor sportscasters.  I'm sure they get sick of tourists like us.

We got a little lost so we asked somebody where Times Square was.  He looked at us and said "where all the lights are."  Thanks dude.  We're dumb.

I jumped in a joined a protest just to get the full experience.  Hopefully they weren't protesting the military or anything like that...because that would just be awkward.

1 comment: