Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Presidents Day weekend

This past weekend we decided to take advantage of the 4 day weekend and go to Abq.  We had a lot of fun!  It's always nice to get out of town for a little bit.

 This picture was taken in Clovis...they just opened a Fro Yo place which we love.  Though I probably like it more than anyone else.

 In Abq. we were able to get a date night in because our friends parents live there and they were able to watch Ryan.  We had a hard time deciding what to do...but after a little bit of convincing I talked Roo into painting pottery.  He wasn't too thrilled at the beginning but I think he had a good time.

 The early stages of my plate.  Though it doesn't look like much it's pretty impressive when you realize that I have zero artistic ability.

 Everyone getting started

Yes, I know that I should have sketched out Seahawks to see if it would even fit.  No, it didn't.
 
The finished products!  Not bad for our first time.  Roo has even been coming up with ideas for when we go next...I think it's safe to say he enjoyed it.

 After pottery we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  Delicious!  The wait was an hour and a half...but with no kids, no problem.  With kids we would have gone to McDonalds.

 Enjoying IHOP and chilling in Daddy's glasses

 After breakfast we burned off the pancakes by taking Ryan to the park...I think he wanted to be wearing shorts.

 Trying to get some color to his legs.

Checking out of the hotel.  He rolled the suitcase all the way down the hall by himself.

Before we left the big city we went to buy Ryan some more clothes and he actually wanted to get some sunglasses.  Such a cool dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment