Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy Anniversary!!

I am the worst daughter ever.  Yesterday was my parents 33rd Anniversary...and I didn't do anything for them.  I did buy them a card, but I've learned that if you don't fill it out and give it to them it's pointless.  I couldn't find any wedding pictures (maybe it hasn't been 33 years and they don't want us to do the math.)  So I chose this picture in stead.  They started out their married life living with my Mom's parents in a trailer until Andy and I came along.  I don't know about you...but that doesn't exactly sound like a 'honeymoon' to me.  They have always been willing to do whatever they could for my brother and I to make us happy.  I know that I've talked about how they bailed me out financially when I was younger, and considering that my Mom grew up POOR (like South Korean poor) and is an Accountant--I'm sure that wasn't easy for her.  You don't mess with her money (but she was kind and is only charging me 10% interest--which 8 years later is enough to buy a house).  I'll always remember how my Dad would let me take the car to school (which was only a mile or so walk) and he would ride his bike to work (which was WAY further).  I thought that the time he just liked riding his bike, but I know now that he did it because he loved me.  I am so thankful for them and the example that they are to me and how much they love me!

No comments:

Post a Comment