Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 4: Memories of my Mom

A couple of years ago my Mom and I went to Vegas while Andrew was deployed. I decided that I was going to try my luck at the penny slots and my Mom asked if she could come watch me. Now if you have ever played the penny slots you know how BORING it is. You just hit a button and watch the reels move, and you could literally lose a whole dollar without ever winning (remember that is 100 of those boring spins!).

Now that you have a sense of how boring it is to play those slots, can you imagine just watching somebody play those slots?!? What I've come to realize is that she wasn't overly interested in how the games worked, but she just wanted to spend time with me, even if it meant watching me hit a button 100 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment