Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!!

If you've ever heard my family reminisce about the past, you might think that it would be hard for me to come up with 7 fond memories that I have of my Mom and I, but actually it has been hard for me to narrow it down to 7.

We had a great time when she came out to visit me in Korea when I was stationed over there. I am so glad that she came out to spend time with me and be my tour guide. I am really looking forward to going back with her, hopefully sometime next year.

Disclaimer: Even though I am wearing the same outfit in all of the pictures they were actually taken over a course of a few days. Don't worry, I've retired the Indiana shirt. And since I'm talking about wardrobes, I can't believe how much more fashionable my Mom has gotten since these pictures. Maybe it's because since these were taken she's become a Yoga master and gotten in great shape...might as well show it off!!

While she was there we went to Je-Ju Island. Even though it is only a short plane ride away she never was able to go while she was growing up due to the fact that it was too expensive for her family. I am glad that we were able to go together and see the beautiful sights.


This picture was taken in the alley outside of Osan AB, I'm not exactly sure who that guy is, or why he is in our picture...maybe to document how tall Koreans are getting.

It was great to have her be my tour guide. We ate some amazing food and had some really fun experiences. I got to meet some family that still lives in Korea, including her sister. Part of the reason of the trip was for her to bring some money to her sister who was in a bad situation. Even though my Mom did not have the greatest family life growing up (her family made ours look like the Cleaver's) I was impressed that she would be so willing to help out. She showed a great sense of forgiveness and love which showed me a lot about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment