Sunday, January 3, 2016

Marianna Caverns

When we went to Orlando a few weeks ago we stopped in Marianna on the way back to check out the caverns.  I am still kind of sad that we didn't ever make it to Carlsbad Caverns when we lived in NM so I figured if we were driving right by these ones we might as well stop.  Again it was something that I thought the kids would enjoy more than they actually did, but I know Roo and I thought it was pretty neat.  Plus I'm sure the kids enjoyed getting out of the car to stretch. 

The boys trying to demonstrate how bats hang upside down--and we actually did see a bat!


Entering the cavern







Some parts were really low so we had to bend over and walk.  I was glad I could wear Ty because I learned that day that if you touch the formations they die--and I could just picture him touching EVERYTHING.  I didn't want to be responsible for that.  Thankfully we made it thru without killing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment