Friday, August 21, 2015

Las Vegas

 In July we were able to leave the kids with Roos parents and get away to Vegas for a week to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.  I was nervous about leaving the kids (not for their sake but for my in-laws)...but they did great and I'm so grateful that they offered to watch them for us.  We had a great time away.  We got a couple of massages, watched a lot of movies, ate a lot of good food, watched some shows, and met up with a good friend.  It was a great week!
 
 
We always stop at In-N-Out when in Vegas.  I still don't see what the big hype is about...but they are pretty tasty burgers.
 
 
We ventured out past the strip this trip and saw the Red Rocks.  It was super hot (Vegas in July!) so we didn't get out of the car too long to site see but it was beautiful.
 
 
Since it was our 10 year anniversary we splurged and went on a helicopter ride (thank you Groupon).  It was neat!  I thought it was super bumpy but Roo and our friend (both pilots) thought it was nothing.  Props to them...I think I'd be too nervous to ever be a pilot.
 
 
The Excalibur, where we normally stay.  Again we upgraded for the special occasion and stayed a few hotels down.
 
 
I know my Mom would like to see some pictures of me--and I really like this one, so here you go Mom.
 
 
Us with our friend Brad.  Even though it can be hard moving around...it's nice to make friends that you will have forever.  That is one perk of the military!
 
 
I know it doesn't look like we've been married 10 years!  We just age well...or have a good filter on my phone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment